Ards FC Academy Director
The Club would like to invite applications for the role of Ards FC Academy Director
As the first team starts a crucial period in this season, under interim manager Warren Feeney, the
Academy is looking ahead positively to next season with the following news
Exciting Opportunity: Youth Academy Director
Ards Football Club Academy has an opening in the Coaching Team for a Part-time Youth Academy
Director. The successful candidate must have experience of working in a sporting environment.
Applicants must be in possession of one or more of the following UEFA Licenses: Pro License, A
License or currently gaining UEFA A License.
Main purpose of the role:
• Overseeing the implementation of the club philosophy and coaching
• To develop coaches so that they improve and perform to the best of their potential and are
consequently able to maximise the potential of the players that they work with.
• Managing coaches & managers within the Academy structure.
Football role & responsibilities:
• Decision maker in the recruitment and allocation of team coaches and managers
at the above mentioned ages.
• Continuous Education and guidelines for coaches and managers.
• Maintain/enhance football coaching competence
• Coach occasionally to maintain `hands on` competence.
• Viewing games at the weekend and evenings during the week of the appropriate ages.
• Overseeing the development pathway of both team and individual players.
• Support the team managers with any parent/player issues that may arise.
• Organize dates for trials in pre-season and support the allocated
managers/coaches in recruiting new players.
• Parental education, introductory meetings at the start of the season regarding
payment structure, subs & parental behaviour and club ethos/values.
• Players going on trial to UK clubs would go directly through the Academy
• Build relationships throughout the Academy and broader club
• Build relationships and create partnerships in the local community
12 hours per week. The successful candidate will be required to work during weekends and
evenings, and may be required to work over and above the weekly contracted hours.
This paid part time role is for an initial fixed period of two years.
Email with CV to Academy Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 30th April 2019