OPPORTUNITY AT THE ACADEMY
In line with our current 5 Year Plan we are now ready to accept applications for the following post of
Youth Academy Director
Ards Football Club Academy currently have an opening in our Coaching Team for a Part-time Youth
Academy Director. The successful candidate must have experience of working in a sporting
environment. Applicants must be in possession of one or more of the following UEFA Licenses: Pro
License, A License or currently gaining UEFA A License.
Main purpose of the role:
• Overseeing the implementation of the club philosophy and coaching
• To develop coaches so that they improve and perform to the best of their potential and are
consequently able to maximise the potential of the players that they work with.
• Managing coaches & managers within the academy structure.
Football role & responsibilities:
• Decision maker in the recruitment and allocation of team coaches and managers
at the above mentioned ages.
• Continuous Education and guidelines for coaches and managers.
• Maintain/enhance football coaching competence
• Coach occasionally to maintain `hands on` competence.
• Viewing games at the weekend and evenings during the week of the appropriate ages.
• Overseeing the development pathway of both team and individual players.
• Support the team managers with any parent/player issues that may arise.
• Organize dates for trials in pre-season and support the allocated
managers/coaches in recruiting new players.
• Parental education, introductory meetings at the start of the season regarding
payment structure, subs & parental behavior and club ethos/values.
• Players going on trial to UK clubs would go directly through the academy
• Build relationships throughout the academy and broader club
• Build relationships and create partnerships in the local community
12 hours per week. The successful candidate will be required to work during weekends and
evenings, and may be required to work over and above the weekly contracted hours.
This paid part time role is for an initial fixed period of two years.
To apply please email CV and letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Sunday 21 st November 2021