Club Mission Statement
Ards Football Club undertakes to ensure that all of our players and staff can play or perform their role, free from discrimination and verbal or physical abuse of any kind. In line with this the club has adopted the policies below and makes the following statement: "Ards Football Club is an equal opportunities club and will not tolerate any form of sectarianism or racially offensive behaviour or chanting. As part of our on-going commitment to the IFA's 'Football For All' campaign, 'Kick It Out' and to equality, anyone caught making racist or sectarian comments may be arrested, prosecuted and banned from the club. If you hear any abuse of this nature, please report it to your nearest club official or call the helpline number 0800 169 9414."
UEFA 10 POINT PLAN
Furthermore, the club commits to the requirements contained in the UEFA 10 Point Plan.
The plan sets out a number of measures that clubs can take to combat the problem of racism and sectarianism:
1. Issue a statement saying the club will not tolerate racism or sectarianism, spelling out the action it will take against those engaged in racist or sectarian chanting. The statement should be printed in all match programmes and displayed permanently and prominently around the ground.
2. Make public address announcements condemning racist and sectarian chanting at matches.
3. Make it a condition for season-ticket holders that they do not take part in racist or sectarian abuse.
4. Take action to prevent the sale of racist and sectarian literature inside and around the ground.
5. Take disciplinary action against players who engage in racial or sectarian abuse.
6. Contact other clubs to make sure they understand the club’s policy on racism and sectarianism.
7. Encourage a common strategy between stewards and police for dealing with racist and sectarian abuse.
8. Remove all racist and sectarian graffiti from the ground as a matter of urgency.
9. Adopt an equal opportunities' policy in relation to employment and service provision.
10. Work with all other groups and agencies, such as the players union, supporters, schools, voluntary organisations, youth clubs, sponsors, local authorities, local businesses and police, to develop pro-active programmes and make progress to raise awareness of campaigning to eliminate racial or sectarian abuse and discrimination.
Further information on community relations, as well as the IFA's 'Football For All' and 'Kick It Out' policies is available at www.irishfa.com/the-ifa/community-relations/about
Further Policy Downloads:
Community Relations Statement
We at Ards Football Club see Community Relations as a long term and ongoing project concerned with promoting Football For All in the town of Newtownards and wider Borough. The main objective of our project is to make sure that the sport of football is welcoming and inclusive to all members of the general public who engage with us.
adopted January 2013
Equal Opportunities Policy
Ards Football Club and related bodies are committed to equality of opportunity for all. We will demonstrate this by taking a pro-active and inclusive approach to equality, supporting and encouraging all under-represented groups, and promoting an inclusive culture which values diversity.
Ards Football Club and related bodies are committed to providing an inclusive and supportive environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. We commit ourselves to promoting equal opportunities as an employer, as a representative and campaigning body, and as a provider of services. We will not tolerate any form of discrimination including harassment and bullying based on one or more of the following grounds or any other irrelevant distinction:
Age, ability or disability, ethnic origin, caring or parental responsibilities, gender or gender identity, HIV status, marital status, nationality, opinions or beliefs on matters such as religion and politics, physical appearance, race, sexual orientation, spent or irrelevant criminal convictions, trade union affiliation, employment status, socio-economic background, medical condition, full or part time student status, mental health status or other irrelevant distinction.
This list is not exhaustive but illustrates Ards Football Club and related bodies’ commitment in regarding such discrimination as unacceptable.
adopted January 2013
1. The Club reserves the right of admission to the ground.
2. The Club also reserves the right to eject from the ground any person who refuses to obey the instructions of the stewards or safety officials.
3. The following items are not permitted into the ground - bottles, knives, laser devices and any other article that may constitute a risk to public safety.
4. Entering restricted areas of the ground or the playing area without permission will result in ejection from the ground and possible long-term ban from games.
5. Attempting to enter the ground whilst in an intoxicated condition will result in ejection.
6. Any person found defacing or damaging Club property will be prosecuted by the Club.
7. The use of threatening, abusive language is strictly forbidden.
8. Any person who throws a missile or similar object onto the field of play will be banned long-term from attending future games.
9. Any person or persons using sectarian language or displaying sectarian or racist emblems will be removed from the ground and banned from attending future games.
10. Entrance to games shall constitute unqualified acceptance of the above rules.
adopted January 2013